AMI/USA is excited to continue learning alongside our community through a series of webinars focusing on issues of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion through a Montessori lens. Listen, learn, share and connect with experts and peers as we work to make Montessori spaces more inclusive and accessible.
Mark your calendars!
- Thursday, August 19 • 7:00 p.m. EDT: Critical Race Theory: Talking through the Confusion
Speakers: Dr. Valaida (Val) L. Wise and Wendy Shenk-Evans
Moderated by: Dr. Ayize Sabater & Munir Shivji
- Saturday, September 18 • 12:00 p.m. EDT: Building Resilient Montessori Schools: A Discussion
Speakers: Hannah Richardson, Rachel Kimboko, Daniel Bissonnette
Moderated by: Elizabeth Slade
Get 25% off retail price on Montessori in Action: Building Resilient Montessori Schools in the AMI/USA Bookstore! The eBook will be available within 24 hours of purchase. Print copies will be shipped after the September 18 event and will be shipped separately from other books.
- Sunday, September 19 • 12:00 p.m. EDT: Montessori Books: A Community Conversation
Authors: Mariana Bissonnette – Babies Build Toddlers, Simone Davies & Junnifa Uzodike – The Montessori Baby, Erica Moretti – The Best Weapon for Peace: Maria Montessori, Education, and Children’s Rights, Elizabeth Slade – Montessori in Action: Building Resilient Montessori Schools
Moderated by: Dr. Mira Debs (Diverse Families, Desirable Schools: Public Montessori in the Era of School Choice)
- Saturday, October 23 • 12:00 p.m. EDT: Session with City Garden Montessori
Speakers: Jori Martinez-Woods, Mike Flohr
- Sunday, October 24 • 12:00 p.m. EDT: Neurodiversity and Disability through the Montessori Lens
Speaker: Andrée Rolfe, Ed.D.
- Wednesday, November 10 • 7:00 p.m EST: Spiritual Vitality in Diverse Montessori Environments
The panelists represent Buddhism (Lucy Golden), Christianity (Martha Ochoa), Islam (Maya Soriano), Judaism (Andy Lulka), Native American indigenous spirituality (Siobhan Juanita Brown), and African spiritualism (Koren Clark)
Thank you to those who made a Collaborator donation to this series!
BethAnn Slater, Lynne Breitenstein-Aliberti, Michelle Becka, Erin Lopez-Brooks