Coaching and mentoring offer effective support for high fidelity practice and teacher retention. Individualized growth paths, especially early in a teacher’s career, can make a significant difference in job performance and satisfaction. AMI/USA’s Coaching Program assists our schools in achieving excellence and stability. We have a pool of consultants who are available to offer their expertise in professional development for practitioners. Individual Coaching and Level Workshops will be designed according to the needs of your school community.
To request a Coaching Session, please complete the application below. Customized packages are also available; contact us to discuss how we can create a package that suits the needs of your school. Please contact Janet McDonell, Pedagogical Director of Consultation and Coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Table of Contents:
- Coaching Program for Individual Teachers
- Level/Group Workshops for Teachers
- Scheduling Procedures
- Billing and Payment Information
- Application Form
Coaching Program for Individual Teachers
- The Coaching Program consists of a Morning Observation and a 2-Hour Individualized Coaching Session in the afternoon,
- Follow-up 1-Hour Remote Coaching Sessions, if wanted.
The Coaching Program process is divided into three phases:
- Before the coaching session—the Application for Coaching form (below) and required fees must be submitted. Then a confirmation letter will be provided for your signature. Once the coaching session is confirmed, a preliminary phone interview will be conducted to clarify goals and objectives for the coaching meetings.
- In-person coaching session – a morning observation and 2-hour individualized coaching session,
- Follow-up 0nline coaching sessions—one-hour zoom coaching sessions at requested frequency.
The coach’s summary report is sent to the teacher after the in-person coaching session.
Level/Group Workshops for Teachers
You may want to have your coach share their experience and knowledge by scheduling a Level/Group Workshop for Teachers. All workshops carry a separate fee, so it is important that there is clarity when making these arrangements. Workshops must be arranged and confirmed in advance. Please indicate your interest in scheduling a Level/Group Workshop for Teachers on the Application for Coaching form below. Please note: In-person workshops may require a minimum of two night’s lodging.
Suggested Topics (will customize to needs of school):
- Working with Assistants
- Planning and Recordkeeping
- Developing Music
- Assisting Independence
- The Use of the Outdoors
- Bathroom Independence
- Developing Effective Communication with Parents
- Children with Learning Differences
- Creating a Culturally Responsive Classroom
- Developing “Going Out”
- Addressing Standardized Testing
- Transitions between levels
Application for Coaching Form
It is important to complete the form with accurate and current information. Once the required forms and payment are submitted, the internal scheduling process will begin.
AMI/USA Coaching Confirmation
Preliminary agreement of meeting dates and workshop date will be followed by written confirmation, which includes the coach’s profile and contact information. The confirmation letter must be signed and submitted as soon as possible to agree to fees and confirm the meetings or workshop. The arrangement is then confirmed in writing with the coach. It is very important to be aware that confirmation is a firm commitment. Any changes that become necessary after dates are confirmed may result in increased charges.
Because the coach is traveling to your city and is usually unfamiliar with the location, it is important to make this transition an easy one so that they may relax and concentrate. Attention to details such as airport pickup and comfortable, quiet lodging including a restaurant, internet access, and other amenities, must be considered when planning coaching meetings and in-person workshops.
In all instances, hotel accommodations are required, and hotel arrangements should be made and paid for in advance of the meeting or special event date. Airfare, ground transportation, meals and any other related expenses, such as parking fees or a Saturday night hotel stay if required due to schedule are also required. Make sure to be aware of and honor any special dietary requests.
At Least Two Weeks Prior to the Meeting/Workshop:
- Coach contacts you with specific travel information, dates needed for lodging, and dietary considerations.
- Discuss and plan the schedule for the coaching session or workshop.
- Arrange and pay for airfare, local transportation, hotel accommodations, and meals.
On-Site During the Meeting:
- Provide all necessary transportation for the coach and discuss all meal arrangements.
- Provide refreshments and meals during the coaching session or workshop day.
Following the Meeting:
- Receive copy of a report from coach, if applicable.
- Complete evaluation forms within two weeks.
- Receive invoice from AMI/USA for any outstanding expenses. Prompt payment is appreciated.
Billing and Payment Information
The 2021-2022 fee structure for AMI/USA Coaching and Level/Group Workshops for Teachers is as follows (due with Application for Coaching form). Fees cover preparations, coaching sessions or workshop presentation, and administrative costs of the program.
+ non-refundable application fee:
- $49 for AMI/USA Member Schools
- $69 for Non-Member Schools
+ Coaching fees:
A Morning Observation and 2-Hour Individualized Coaching Session (per teacher)
- AMI/USA Member Schools: $700.00
- Non-Member Schools: $805.00
Follow-up 1-Hour Remote Coaching Sessions (optional)
- AMI/USA Member Schools: $100.00
- Non-Member Schools: $115.00
+ Level/Group Workshop fees (optional):
Half-Day Level/Group Workshop – up to 3 hours
- $600 for AMI/USA Member Schools
- $690 for Non-Member Schools
Full-Day Level/Group Workshop – up to 6 hours
- $1,000 for AMI/USA Member Schools
- $1,150 for Non-Member Schools
+ $250 deposit toward travel reimbursements
+ $99 per AMI/USA membership*
* All are welcome to join AMI/USA as members.
Requests for Coaching and Workshops are processed after the payment is received. Invoices will not be sent in advance. After payment is confirmed, a detail receipt will be sent.
All fees are prepaid. Following the in-person coaching sessions or workshop, coaches submit an expense report to AMI/USA for any outstanding expenses. Then, an invoice is sent to the school with payment due upon receipt. Please pay online or make checks payable to AMI/USA. Overdue invoices may incur penalties and interest.
Travel and Other Expenses
- Local transportation: includes all transportation needed including transportation to and from the airport in the coach’s city and in the arrival city, and to and from the hotel
- Food: includes meals en route
- Please be advised that the Coach may need to schedule the return flight on the day following the visit.
- Any changes to travel plans, after a coaching session or workshop is confirmed, may result in increased charge (i.e., airfare cancellation, change penalties or lodging expenses).
Code of Ethics
AMI and AMI/USA are organizations whose regulation of conduct is limited to pedagogical matters. All those connected with AMI and AMI/USA are expected to conduct themselves lawfully and to both exemplify and support the propagation and furtherance of the ideas and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori for the full development of the human being.
Limitations of AMI/USA Coaching
AMI/USA Coaching concerns pedagogical matters within the classrooms and does not assess other aspects of the school’s operations such as state licensing requirements and financial and/or administrative matters.
If there are any questions surrounding scheduling, fees or payment, please contact the AMI/USA office by phone at 571-302-5284 or by email at email@example.com for further clarification.