Association Montessori International of the United States (AMI/USA) is dedicated to bringing the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori to the education of children through its support and advancement of the AMI Montessori community in the United States.
- Promote global peace, human development, and human rights through the application of Montessori principles.
- Support the activities of our global organization Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
- Support AMI Schools through the School Recognition and Consultation program.
- Advance the understanding of AMI pedagogical principles and practices with families and communities.
- Promote the development of AMI teacher training to foster the availability of AMI Montessori education.
- Continue outreach and collaboration with AMI affiliates in the United States as well as kindred organizations that share the purpose of service to children.
- Advocate for educational policy that supports AMI Montessori education in the United States.
- Provide professional development opportunities in the United States through national and regional conferences, workshops, webinars and journals.
- Provide opportunities for collegial engagement through membership and discussion forums.
- Substantiate the value of AMI Montessori education through the support of traditional academic research.
- Maintain effective fiscal and organizational strength.