Seattle Affiliates Conference
Montessori Guidance for Adapting to the Global Digital Culture
April 4-7, 2019
Greater Tacoma Convention Center, Tacoma Washington
The acceleration of technology and the complexity of changes in our current society will define the future for today’s children. Montessori educators will partner with leaders in the newly emerging field of “human technology” to examine technology’s impact on the lives of children and families. The balance to the acceleration of technology is explored through the power of story, nature, and self-expression. The call for a humane technology is also a call to explore the forces that ground us and help us to understand ourselves. As Montessorians we have the knowledge and practice that addresses the development of the “whole person.” A Montessori education develops critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity all within a microcosm of a respectful, harmonious society, thus preparing each individual to adapt to their own time, place, and culture.
Follow-up lectures and discussions will include:
• Guiding students through the turbulence of social media;
• Technology and creativity in math, science, and the arts;
• Working with parents to develop realistic guidelines for the right use of technology;
• Storytelling as teaching;
• The power of nature to inspire and guide development; and
• The role of creativity and self-expression across the planes.
View the evening events flyer.
Visit the NAMTA website to view the conference brochure and schedule, register, and book lodging.