Have you dreamt of launching your own school? The Hearth Room is seeking a remarkable person to take over daily operations as we prepare for major growth in the next 18 months. Since the school has only been open for 7 months, it may feel quite like owning your own business…without the startup costs!
The Hearth Room strives to provide a Christian, authentic Montessori environment for ages 2.5 years – 6th grade (with plans for an adolescent program already under way), augmented by in-class cooking spaces, nature walks, a vision for students to explore entrepreneurship and political involvement, Bible quizzing, and an on-site parent workspace. If this sounds like your jam, submit your application and salary requirements via thehearthroom.org/employment.
• Continue to develop the routines and cast the vision to further bring to life the school’s core values, culture, and mission
• Provide significant guidance to new staff members, and do regular in-class observations to confirm they are functioning as authentic Montessori environments, and that students are making appropriate academic progress
• Ensure safety and handle all aspects of daily school function with excellence
• Create systems for consistent quality throughout the school as it grows
• Plan and host events (or supervise other team members responsible) and give tours to prospective parents
• Respond to any conflicts that arise with a mix of clarity, grace, and consistency
Where is the School?
The Hearth Room is tucked away on 4 acres of meadow and pond in Kansas City’s Northland. Kansas City is an affordable area, where the people are friendly, and the pace is slower, but there are still many opportunities for arts and cultural experiences.
Full-time position includes paid time off, tuition discounts, and low summertime demands. Salary based on qualifications and experience.