Interim/Permanent Head of School
Administrator/Head of School,
Winston-Salem Montessori School
Located on 15 acres between two campuses in Clemmons, NC, our school is an established, mission-driven organization that has provided fully implemented education for children and families for over 47 years. Winston-Salem Montessori School currently serves 247 children from the ages of 18 months through 9th grade.
As the chief executive officer of the school, the Interim or Permanent Head of School maintains the vision and executes the stated mission of the school, manages faculty and staff, and ensures the financial health of the institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Interim or Permanent Head of School will:
• Work in partnership with the Board of Trustees to manifest and refine the school’s mission and strategic future.
• Inform the Board of Trustees on all aspects of the school’s operation; represent the board to the faculty, staff, students, parents, and other constituencies.
• Supervise the leadership team and oversee the supervision of the rest of the faculty.
• Be responsible for the hiring, professional growth, evaluation, and termination of faculty and staff.
• Provide leadership in shaping the school’s programs.
• Supervise the financial management, maintenance of physical facilities, strategic planning, and fund-raising efforts.
• Maintain school culture and quality of life, provide a safe environment for learning.
• Ensure that every element of school life reflects the principles of equity, justice, and the dignity of each individual.
• Communicate effectively with all constituencies, including students, faculty and staff, parents, and alumni/ae.
• Represent the school with integrity within the broader network of schools and the community.
• Abide by principles of good practice in all school operations – particularly admission, marketing, faculty recruitment, and fundraising.
• Embodies and upholds the WSM Characteristics of Professional Excellence.
• Has a depth of operational experience with a track record of success in implementing processes that drive excellence across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree ideal
• Proven operational success in a senior administrative role for five or more years
• Successful teaching experience and demonstrated leadership qualities
• Commitment to academic goals of students and the mission and philosophy of the school
• Proven team and community builder; committed to the professional growth of direct reports (senior leadership team), faculty and staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should share the following with the Board of Trustees at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Letter of application describing your interest in this position at WSM
• Statement of educational philosophy
• Current resume
• Names and pertinent contact information for three or more professional references; including at least one direct report