Head of School
Administrator/Head of School,
Aidan Montessori School
Aidan Montessori School, one of the oldest AMI Montessori schools in the United States, (aidanschool.org) seeks a new Head of School for July 2023. Established in 1961, Aidan is an independent, AMI Montessori school, serving 180 students, ages 18 months through Grade 6, located in Northwest Washington, D.C.
In addition to its authentic commitment to Montessori education, faculty and families appreciate Aidan’s welcoming and diverse community. With strong enrollment and finances, a highly trained faculty, a well-functioning Board of Trustees, and a recently completed strategic plan, this is a great time to join Aidan as its Head of School.
Aidan seeks an educational leader who shares its commitments to Montessori education, including a deep respect for children, and to ensuring a welcoming, supportive community for all stakeholders. The successful candidate will be an individual who can lead and inspire a well-trained faculty, serve as an inspiring and compelling ambassador for Aidan, and who is comfortable and confident in nurturing, inspiring, and enhancing a diverse community.
Aidan seeks an educational leader who will embrace and champion the school’s mission and its diverse community. Aidan’s next Head of School will be an educational professional who:
• Authentically connects with children and wholeheartedly appreciates the opportunities to engage with students, faculty, and families
• Is enthusiastically aligned with Aidan’s commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusivity and has the experience, knowledge, and heart to ensure that all members of the community feel supported and included
• Possesses well-developed, kind-hearted management and leadership skills, understanding how to solicit and listen well to numerous voices, build teams, and balance collaboration with decisiveness
• Appreciates the opportunities afforded by a small school community to know every child and their families by name, and be an active, visible and accessible presence in the day-to-day life of the school
• Is enthusiastic about the opportunities and strategic initiatives before the school and has the experience, skills, and appropriate ambition to lead others in achieving goals
• Has the knowledge and experience to serve as an educational leader and to recruit, inspire, mentor, and support staff and faculty, ideally possessing relevant classroom teaching experience
• Possesses superb communication and interpersonal skills
• Ideally presents a successful track record of strengthening a school’s advancement efforts, an enjoyment of engaging others in opportunities to invest in the school, and a commitment to effective financial stewardship
• Will embrace the role of ambassador for the school in the greater community, and
• Possesses unwavering integrity, an empathetic nature, and a sense of humor.
The ideal next Head of School for Aidan Montessori School will be an educational leader who is aligned with the school’s AMI program, possesses high emotional intelligence, and a track-record that prepares him or her well for this great opportunity.
For Complete Opportunity Statement: https://www.independent-thinking.com/searches
Please send electronically: Resume, Letter of Interest and Educational Philosophy or Personal Statement to: