Reports to the Educational Director and Administrator.
Classification: Exempt Position: Full Time Salary: $50,000 starting Hours: 7:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
The Keres Children’s Learning Center (KCLC) is located on Pueblo de Cochiti Reservation along the Rio Grande River between Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico. KCLC is a private, independent school that uses the Montessori Method and the Keres Language to serve Cochiti children and their families in revitalizing their Keres language and in preparing the next generation of Cochiti people, equally grounded in Indigenous and mainstream education. The Infant/Toddler and Primary settings use Keres Immersion; the Elementary and Adolescent settings use Keres-English dual language best practices.
KCLC’s missing is to reclaim our children’s education and honor our heritage by using a comprehensive
cultural and academic curriculum to assist families in nurturing Keres-speaking, holistically healthy,
community minded, and academically strong students.
This is a fulltime English-speaking teaching position in a new, dual-language Montessori Adolescent
classroom; Guide is responsible for opening and implementing new Montessori Adolescent curriculum for
children ages 12 to 18.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepares and maintains Adolescent classroom and materials.
• Completes and submits lesson planning and materials preparation by designated due date.
• Records lessons given.
• Maintains student records as related to English curriculum.
• Plans and collaborates with Keres-speaking Adolescent teachers.
• Communicates regularly with parents.
• Supports colleagues with Montessori training and expertise.
• Attends weekly planning meetings.
• Conducts parent-teacher conferences.
• Attends professional development trainings for teachers.
• Participates in self evaluation according to KCLC Staff Evaluation Process.
• As English-speaking Guide, supports speaking of the Keres language.
• Employs best Dual Language practices.
• Attends Parent Seminar as requested, at least 2 times per semester. •
• Uses Montessori Pedagogy for Adolescent setting
• Uses dual language best practices.
• Communicates clearly in writing and verbally.
• Manages a safe classroom in accordance with Montessori and Cochiti values.
• Is patient and respectful of children and their families.
• Honors confidentiality.
Keres Children’s Learning Center (KCLC) English-Speaking Adolescent Montessori Guide Job Description
This is an 8-hour daily/40-hours per week position with occasional overtime expected on occasions such as Open House, Parent Seminar, and field trips. Lunch is eaten with children; however, Guide has a daily 30-minute duty-free break. The classroom setting and therefore the work environment is designed in service to the children’s needs; this is characterized by frequent interruptions and schedule changes. Guide provides twice-annual written progress reports for parents about children, given at in-person parent conferences. Lesson plans are required to be submitted every two weeks, and Guide is required to record lessons given during daily prep time.
This position includes daily outdoor nature walks and recess duty, in all weather. Guide must be able to move quickly to keep up with and monitor children’s safety outdoors and indoors, as well as be able to see and hear children from a distance. It is occasionally necessary to give lessons on the floor or in other non-classroom settings.
• Travel locally on field trips with children; may be asked to transport children in personal vehicle.
• Travel to attend conferences periodically is required. Semi-annual travel to national conferences is
• Candidate must hold an Adolescent Montessori credential from a MACTE-accredited training center.
• Guide will come to work on time and be mindful of absences so as to minimize their effect on
• Guide will abide by KCLC Policies and Procedures and the American Montessori Society (AMS) Code
• Guide will approach KCLC with respect, professionalism, and an open heart.
• Guide will support the KCLC Mission and Montessori Pedagogy.
• Guide will work collaboratively with staff.
• Guide will fulfill duties according to rotating schedule as well as other duties as assigned.
• Guide will possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
• Guide will successfully undergo background check.
• Guide will take initiative to serve KCLC’s mission.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KCLC is an EEO employer. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position, paying a competitive wage depending on experience. Interested individuals should submit a letter of interest to email@example.com or to Keres Children’s Learning Center, PO Box 113, Cochiti Pueblo, NM, 87072; (505) 465-2185.
Position open until filled.