Elementary Lead Guide, AMI recognized school
Gateway Montessori School
Gateway Montessori School is seeking a Lead Guide for a small, established, 6-12 combined elementary classroom beginning in August 2022.
Our ideal candidate:
– Holds an AMI Elementary diploma, with teaching experience
(non-AMI diploma and/or less experience and current trainees will be considered)
– Exercises good organizational and time management skills with an excellent work ethic
– Has a desire to nurture the potential of the child, and a gentle, warm personality
– Values collaboration with peers, and families, and has a desire to participate in our school community
– Has a strong desire to follow and promote the Montessori pedagogy
– Eager to take leadership over a small group of children, and to help Gateway’s elementary program grow over the years.
Gateway Montessori is a small family-centered AMI recognized school serving children 15 months through age 12. We are located in a purpose-built beautiful building on Chicago’s Northwest side in the Old Irving Park neighborhood, close to transportation, shops and parks. Our school year starts in September and ends in early June. We follow all public school holiday schedules including winter and spring break, and our work day is M-F 8-4 with an occasional early evening event. We offer paid holidays, tuition remission for children, salary commensurate with experience, and a chance to be part of a small team who support each other to help our community thrive.
Visit our website: gatewaymontessorischool.org and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org