The Montessori School of the Berkshires is accepting applications for an AMI-trained 12-18 guide who is interested in working collaboratively within an established 7th/8th-grade program. Located in the bucolic Berkshires of Western Massachusetts, the school is in its 15th year, serves approximately 140 students ages 14 months to age 14, and is located on a 40-acre campus.
This position offers a unique opportunity to collaboratively build upon an existing program with the long-term goal of developing Montessori’s Plan of Study and Work for adolescents. As such, we are seeking a candidate who has participated in the AMI Montessori Orientation to Adolescent Studies, or who is participating in or pursuing the AMI 12-18 Diploma Course.
The ideal candidate is:
* team-oriented and able to work collaboratively
* enjoys working side-by-side with adolescents
* interested in developing and supporting students’ microeconomy work
* enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized
* committed to using the campus and community for meaningful curricular connections
* has a commitment to environmental stewardship, education for peace, and ABAR (anti-bias, anti-racist) principles
Fluency in Spanish is a plus!
Please send a resume and cover letter to: Director of Education, Meagan Ledendecker: firstname.lastname@example.org