Association Montessori International of the United States (AMI/USA) is one of the premier Montessori associations in the USA. We seek an expert Montessorian to serve as our Pedagogical Director of Consultation and Coaching (PDCC) to join our leadership team. This is a hands-on leadership role that support the organization’s pedagogy and overall operations. The PDCC reports to and works closely with the Executive Director (ED), collaborates regularly with a cohesive team, contributes to strategic discussions, and interfaces with members, donors, partners and other constituents. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of related experience, preferably having served as an AMI/USA School Consultant. Please see some of the essential duties below.
Download the position description.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com.
Job Title: Pedagogical Director of Consultation and Coaching (PDCC)
Job Type: Part Time or Full time – Exempt
Job Location: Remote
- Oversee Recognition Program with advice from Consultation Committee and support from Director of School & Member Operations
- Plan new consultant orientation
- Update manual and other documents
- Review and approve all consultation reports
- Handle any issues with schools/consultants
- Plan for expanding recognition to 12-18 level
- Function as liaison to/from the Consultation Committee (CC)
- Create agenda; plan and help facilitate meetings
- Keep communications with Committee up to date
- Plan scheduled sessions with the CC and Consultants
- Handle expenses/reimbursements for meetings
- Advise Executive Director, as needed
- Strategic planning concerning consultation/mentoring
- Any changes or new initiatives concerning consultation
- Keep ED up to date with any areas of concern
- Oversee AMI/USA’s Global School Accreditation, when AMI global advises
- Participate in meetings with GSA Committee
- Plan training and public relations as needed, for the GSA rolled out.
- Function as the pedagogical advisor for AMI/USA, as needed
- Interface with CC on consultation matters
- Interface with CC and other AMI Trainers considering professional development, articles, new initiatives
- Advise on organization’s prospective professional development plans
- Develop/oversee Coaching/Mentoring Program
- Consult with various experts
- Plan to interface with GSA
- Develop menu of offerings
- Develop training/manual
- Contribute to various matters at the request of the ED including, but not limited to
- Handle all parent concerns
- Respond to inquiries concerning training or other pedagogical matters
- Assist at Montessori Experience and other Professional Development
- Review grant applications, as appropriate
- Assist ED in interfacing with trainers
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2-5 years of AMI Consulting experience
- AMI Montessori diploma
- Proven track record of Montessori expertise
Personal Skill Requirements
- Self-directed and self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Communicates, verbal and written, effectively and can present complex information.
- Exhibits a manner that is professional, ethical, respectful and graceful.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be accountable, invite suggestions, ask for support when needed, and provide support to others.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) and interest in applying those principles within the Montessori arena.
Work Schedule: Typical U.S. business hours with flexibility, and occasional evening/weekend work for meetings. Occasional travel required to various activities and in-person meetings.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $75,000 to $84,000 commensurate with experience
- Group Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off