Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
All Day Children’s House Trained Assistant
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30am-5:30pm
Status: Full-time, salary + benefits
Start Date: Spring 2020
The All Day Children's House is a unique model that supports children (ages 2.5-6) in an authentic Montessori environment. It is a "home away from home" providing a consistent, engaging and inspiring place for children to live out their day, while extending the Montessori learning experience.
The All Day Children's House Trained Assistant works in close partnership with the Children’s House 2 Lead Guide in supporting children enrolled in our Full Day and Extended Day Children's House programs. Daily duties include supervising the safety of the children, maintaining and facilitating the indoor and outdoor environments, classroom management, helping the children through the flow of daily transitions, and preparing the Children's House for the next day. The Trained Assistant will oversee a peaceful extended work cycle with some creative freedom to introduce enrichment activities, such as special indoor and outdoor practical life projects, exploration of movement activities, foreign language, art, or music.
The Trained Assistant collaborates with colleagues and the school’s leadership in the design and implementation of innovation within the context of the school’s overall programs and mission. We seek a talented, AMI-trained individual to become an important part of a passionate and supportive team of colleagues.
Basic & Educational Qualifications:
• AMI Montessori Primary Diploma (required)
• 2+ years experience with children ages 2.5-6 (preferred)
• First Aid and CPR training (current or within 90 days of hire)
• Background Clearance
• Exceptional intuitive skills in connecting and building strong relationships with children and families
• Strong classroom management skills
• Excellent leadership, communication, delegation, collaboration, and supervisory skills, flexible and open to changes in routine and other variables that come with being part of leading a classroom.
• Passion and commitment to the Montessori method; possessing the knowledge, skills, and energy needed to maintain AMI standards.
About Cathedral Hill Montessori School:
We are a family-founded nonprofit Montessori school in St. Paul with one Toddler Community and two Children’s Houses, offering a year round authentic Montessori experience. Nestled in the historic Cathedral Hill District, we boast a peaceful and charming urban location attached to a unique historic home and across the street from a park and playground.
Our mission is to provide a safe, beautiful and authentic Montessori learning environment; to serve an inclusive community of multicultural and economically diverse families; and to support children in becoming confident, independent, and compassionate members of society.