Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Children's House Lead Guide
The Children’s House Lead Guide supports primary children (ages 2.5-6) during the morning and afternoon work cycles in an authentic Montessori environment. This includes preparing the environment each day, managing the classroom of children and assistants, guiding children through daily transitions, keeping accurate records, giving presentations, assessing children’s progress, frequent communication with parents and colleagues, ongoing professional development, and leadership within the community.
The Children’s House 2 Lead Guide works in close partnership with the All Day Children's House Trained Assistant in supporting children enrolled in both our Full Day and Extended Day Children's House programs.
The Lead Guide collaborates with colleagues and the school’s leadership in the design and implementation of innovation within the context of the school’s overall programs and mission.
We seek a talented, AMI-trained individual to become an important part of a passionate and supportive team of colleagues.
• AMI Montessori Primary Diploma (required)
• 2+ years experience with children ages 2.5-6 (preferably in a lead position and/or in a
Montessori Children’s House)
• First Aid and CPR training (current or within 90 days of hire)
• Background Clearance
• Exceptional intuitive skills in connecting and building strong relationships with children and families
• Strong classroom management skills
• Excellent leadership, communication, delegation, collaboration, and supervisory skills, flexible and open to changes in routine and other variables that come with being part of leading a classroom.
• Passion and commitment to the Montessori method; possessing the knowledge, skills, and energy needed to maintain AMI standards.
About Cathedral Hill Montessori School:
We are a family-founded nonprofit Montessori school in St. Paul with one Toddler Community and two Children’s Houses, offering a year round authentic Montessori experience. Nestled in the historic Cathedral Hill District, we boast a peaceful and charming urban location attached to a unique historic home and across the street from a park and playground.
Our mission is to provide a safe, beautiful and authentic Montessori learning environment; to serve an inclusive community of multicultural and economically diverse families; and to support children in becoming confident, independent, and compassionate members of society.