Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Private family seeks an in-home, Montessori trained, educator. Preferably with Early Childhood (2.5 - 6 years) and Elementary I (6 - 9 years).
This person should have a love for children and a passion for education. He/she has the ability to create an environment that provides structure without boredom and continues to cultivate a love for learning through play, art, motion, reading, music, writing, and many other creative outlets.
This role would be 9am-2:30pm, 5 days a week based out of a classroom in our home.
· Demonstrate knowledge of Montessori philosophy
· Share knowledge of child development concepts with parents
· Adhere to overarching policies of confidentiality and respect
· Gain insight into the child in order to help them reach their full potential
· Create instruction that supports the whole child's developmental arc
· Use school curriculum, current research and Montessori Albums in order to develop units of instruction
· Maintain an ongoing conversation with parents regarding how to best coordinate curriculum
· Participate in trainings and planning in order to meet the needs of each child
· Use a variety of assessment tools on an ongoing basis in order to fairly evaluate and make further decisions about a child's unfolding development
· Prepare a classroom and outdoor environment that meets the development of the children in the room
· Model kindness between individuals at all times
· Be responsible for the safety of the children in their care
· Ensure that the physical environment is safe from all health and safety concerns
· Communicate with students and family in a way that develops a calm and positive image of everyone
· Complete required progress reports in alignment with Montessori curriculum
· Participate in ongoing self-assessment and professional development
· Encourage students to exhibit joy in the learning process
· Encourage students to engage completely in work for the duration of a work cycle
· Model appropriate independence in the classroom setting
· Foster a love of learning and increased interest in the world around them.
· Professional references required.
· Montessori education is required.
· Academic Teaching experience, Childcare, Child Psychology background is a plus.
· Certification in CPR & First Aid is preferred.
· Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Polished, Poised, and Professional.
· Amazing Energy, Fun and Engaging.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Must be able to travel with the family in US and abroad.