Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
OMS Montessori is seeking a dynamic and visionary Head Director to lead the school into its next stage of excellence. We are a not-for-profit, accredited school in our 52nd year of operation. We have both an Anglophone and Francophone program serving approximately 280 students, from 18 months to grade 11, and plan to offer grade 12 in September 2019. We have two exceptional campuses in Ottawa; one in the heart of a residential neighbourhood, the other located in the exciting new development at Lansdowne Park. The school has an engaged Board of Directors with representation from the business and academic communities, and as well as from parents and staff.
OMS is dedicated to engaging each student’s passion for learning through the internationally acclaimed Montessori philosophy, curriculum and materials. This is achieved through the dedication of our long-standing staff’s commitment to Montessori principles and practices.
The ideal candidate will;
• be an inspiring leader dedicated to fostering a collaborative school community
• have Montessori training and possess an informed understanding of Montessori education and its application
• have 5-10 years of experience in a Montessori school
• have strong knowledge of English and a conversational knowledge of French would be an asset
• possess excellent communication skills
• possess outstanding interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
• have the ability to grow our enrolment at both our campuses
• have the ability to network and to reach out to the broader Montessori community and to the community at large
• have experience with financial management and possess a solid business acumen
OMS offers a competitive salary based on experience. A benefits package is included.
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately, and the new School Director will take office during the 2018/19 academic year. Applications may be directed in confidence to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter. Professional references will be requested as required. Applications will be acknowledged via email.