Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Lower Elementary Lead Guide
Pioneer Meadows Montessori School (PMMS) in Ferndale, Washington is seeking an AMI certified Lower Elementary Lead Guide for the 2018-2019 school year.
PMMS is located just north of Bellingham, WA on the northern end of the breathtaking Puget Sound. Our proximity to Mount Baker, the San Juan Islands, the Salish Sea, and Vancouver, Canada allows for an abundance of outdoor activities and opportunities.
Built literally on a meadow, our AMI school is located on 5.6 acres and lies adjacent to 20+ acres of open space. Nestled in a vibrant farming community, our small school has been a thriving learning environment for children (ages 2.5-12 years) for nearly nine years.
Our ideal candidate will be a community-minded and socially conscious individual, who is energetic, creative, and an experienced and committed Montessori teacher.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· AMI Lower Elementary (6-12) training and certification
· Previous Montessori teaching experience, preferably with elementary age children
· Highly motivated
· A clear communicator with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
· Professional and prompt
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to work independently, as well as with others
· Ability to build and maintain a safe, harmonious, inclusive, and strong classroom environment and culture
· Ability to work collaboratively with others and build a strong teaching team
· Ability to build strong, professional relationships with students, families, and staff members
· A commitment to PMMS’s mission and vision
For more information about our school, our mission, and a copy of the complete LE teacher job description, please visit our website at http://pmmontessori.org.
Please submit a resume along with three professional references and a cover letter attached in a single pdf file to Julie Johnson email@example.com.