The Upper Elementary Teacher (Grades4-6) creates an environment that is conducive to the growth and development of children in the realization of their fullest learning potential. She or he is responsible for the generation and improvement of all school curricula in writing and the pedagogical growth and development of the school as well as the day-to-day teaching and functioning of his or her class. Prepare materials to meet the needs of the children, and operates in a manner in keeping with Montessori Method and concerns for educational excellence. The Teacher has responsibilities to children, parents, staff, Administrator, and Board.
• Applies professional knowledge of child development principles to interpret the Montessori philosophy in a manner that assures developmental growth.
• Develops and implements curriculum and activities that support the age group of the children.
• Collaborates with the Director of Education and Head of School on program changes. Ensures that the program fosters the intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and moral/ethical growth of all children.
• Notifies the Head of School of difficulties with children, parents or staff.
• Assists in determining requirements for program equipment and materials and insures furnishings and materials are complete and correspond to the needs of the group.
• Responsible for the care and maintenance of classroom materials to include having the children share in the responsibility.
• Works with the Assistant on a day-to-day basis to insure practical application of the Montessori policies and procedures and is available to provide guidance and direction as required.
• Attends staff meetings, school events and in-service programs as scheduled.
• Montessori Credential for elementary
• Bachelor degree in a related field
• Minimum of 1 year experience at the appropriate age level
Email Anna Chan at email@example.com for a full job description or to submit your cover letter and resume.