Hudson Montessori School is seeking an Upper Elementary faculty member starting in August 2021.
Founded in 1962, Hudson Montessori School serves children from 18 months through 8th grade. We currently have four elementary classrooms, two serving ages 6-9 and two serving ages 9-12.
The optimal candidate will help his/her students meet our school’s mission: to foster a Montessori educational environment conducive to each child’s unique qualities and abilities for the development of social, emotional, and reasoning skills that are essential for a lifetime of independent, creative thinking and learning in the world community.
Major Roles and Associated Responsibilities
1. Deliver a fully-implemented Montessori experience to elementary students.
2. Communicate and partner with parents on student progress.
3. Collaborate with faculty members on curriculum planning, assessment and student discussions.
4. Collaborate with admissions-team on recruitment, selection, and placement of prospective students.
5. Other duties as assigned by Head of School.
Qualifications and Characteristics
1. A strong commitment to the mission of Hudson Montessori School.
2. Bachelor’s degree.
3. Montessori Elementary training (AMI or AMS) is preferred; however, Hudson Montessori School will financially support a non-trained educator in obtaining his/her training.
4. Experience leading a Montessori classroom is preferred. Experience with children is required.
5. An understanding of the role of “customer service” in an independent school.
6. Warm, strong communication skills.
7. A sense of humor, a commitment to teamwork, an affable personality, and a love of children and schools.
A competitive salary, professional development, and benefit package will be offered. Please send a resume, cover letter detailing your qualifications for the position, and a list of references to Abigail Wexler, Director of Teaching and Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.