Upper Elementary Guide
Lake Country School
Lake Country School is seeking an Elementary Guide to lead one of its established upper elementary classrooms, starting in the 2023-2024 school year. LCS is a long standing and nationally recognized Montessori school with beautiful and fully equipped classrooms. This guide would join a part time assistant in the classroom and a team of five other elementary guides (2 upper, 3 lower), who have a wealth of experience. Its urban campus is located in the active and community oriented Kingfield Neighborhood in South Minneapolis and its rural campus in western Wisconsin offers year round programming. LCS is a strong and vibrant community where faculty, staff, and families make building the community a priority in support of the mission, vision, values, and strategic goals of our school.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- AMI Elementary Diploma
- Interest in and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 3 years previous Montessori classroom teaching experience
- Positive attitude, problem solver, honest and compassionate communicator
- Driven to do high quality work
- Interested in collaborating with colleagues and contributing to building a positive adult community
- Warm and welcoming, clear, confident, and firm when needed
- Committed to the principles and pedagogy of Montessori
- Knowledge, training, and/or experience in DEIJ and ABAR education
- Welcomes feedback and wants to develop, learn, and improve professionally
- Speaks a second language (Spanish or French preferred)
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as Lake Country School is committed to faculty and staff reflecting the diversity of the Twin Cities.
See full posting at LCS’s Employment webpage.
Please submit a letter of interest, professional resume, and two professional references to: