At Brilliant Star Montessori School we believe every child is capable of building a strong academic foundation, dynamic social-emotional skills, and a trust in his or her own abilities. The goal is to prepare our students for lives of joy and purpose.
As a private non-profit Montessori school on a small island in the Pacific since 1999, Brilliant Star is able to implement an authentic Montessori education up to 6th grade.
Teachers will lead mixed-aged learning communities using the Montessori Method in fully equipped classrooms. Teachers will help shape the culture of Brilliant Star and have a lasting influence on our school. Priorities include: cultivating a love of learning among students; supporting positive guidance; connecting children to nature; and designing an active out-going program.
· Willing and able to work in a small island community and its challenges.
· Believes that each child has unique human potential and gifts to offer the world.
· Passionate about the value of Montessori education
· Humble, patient, loving, and observant.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Montessori certification in related age group.
· Previous classroom experience preferred.
· Competitive salary and benefits package.
· Family-friendly work environment and priority enrollment for staff children.
· Time off and financial support to attend professional development.
Saipan is part of the Mariana Islands chain, located about a four hour flight from Japan, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. It is a U.S. Commonwealth, with its own cultural identity. The climate is tropical with a constant temperature of around 85 degrees year round. Beautiful sparkling turquoise waters surround this jewel in the Pacific. Saipan has a widely diverse population of about 50,000 people. The standard of living is fairly high, with paved roads, nice homes, and apartments, health care facilities, and lots of outdoor activities. Its tropical setting makes it a vacation destination for Asian tourists.
The salary is competitive. Pay is in US dollars. Taxes are low.