Little Flowers Montessori School is an Internationally Accredited Montessori School dedicated to excellence in the education of young children ages 16 months – 6 years in becoming creative, independent, confident, respectful, and responsible citizens at an early age.
Join our team as a Lead Teacher in one of our accredited Montessori classrooms. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for classroom experience or to further their repertoire in a Montessori education preschool environment.
• AMI Primary Montessori Diploma
• Master’s Degree Preferred (or working towards)
• Child First Aid & CPR (upon hiring)
Duties & Responsibilities
• Successful implementation of the Montessori Method and principles
• Organizes and plan appropriate presentations for children ages 33 months – 6 years of age
• Supervising and maintaining the daily classroom and community schedules
• Supporting each child’s social, emotional and intellectual growth and development
• Maintains professional relationships with parents and staff
• Excitement to share knowledge and expertise on the Montessori Method and pedagogy
Relevant Skills & Qualifications
• Classroom management – establishing and enforcing rules of behavior for students in the environment
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a professional personal appearance, attitude and work behavior at all times
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Patience when dealing with students of varying abilities and backgrounds
• Friendly and nurturing disposition
• Desire to work in a community which maintains an exceptionally high degree of Montessori Method practices and principles
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Preethy Goonetilleke, Head of School, email@example.com.
Little Flowers Montessori School is committed to providing a safe, stimulating and carefully prepared indoor and outdoor environments which help young children to develop within themselves the fundamental habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential to independent growth. The Association Montessori International (AMI) trained teachers, along with the assistant staff, lovingly guide the children and foster them in the love of learning and help them build a foundation for life. Little Flowers Montessori School is dedicated to an educational program according to the Montessori Method and philosophy for children from 16 months – 6 years of age.
Little Flowers Montessori School strives to work in partnership and collaboration with our community members in an effort to provide high quality education to all of our students. We are deeply committed to the children we serve.