Gateway Montessori School is seeking a Lead Guide for a newly re-opened Children’s House classroom beginning in August 2022, earlier start possible.
Our ideal candidate:
– Holds an AMI Primary diploma, with classroom experience
(non-AMI diploma and/or less experience and current trainees will be considered)
– Exercises good organizational and time management skills with an excellent work ethic
– Has a desire to nurture the potential of the child, and a gentle, warm personality
– Values collaboration with peers, and families, and has a desire to participate in our school community
– Has a strong desire to follow and promote the Montessori pedagogy
– Desire to restart a fully outfitted Montessori primary classroom
While someone with experience is ideal, we are in a unique position to offer support and mentorship for a new teacher. The classroom size will be very limited to begin, starting with 3-4 year olds in a mixture of new and returning children, which will grow, with your direction, in years to come.
Gateway Montessori is a small family-centered AMI recognized school serving children 15 months through age 12. We are located in a purpose-built beautiful building on Chicago’s Northwest side in the Old Irving Park neighborhood, close to transportation, shops and parks. Our school year starts in September and ends in early June, with summer teaching for additional pay optional. We follow all public school holiday schedules including winter and spring break, and our work day is M-F 8-4 with an occasional early evening event. We offer paid holidays, tuition remission for children, salary commensurate with experience, and a chance to be part of a small team who support each other to help our community thrive.
Visit our website: gatewaymontessorischool.org and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com