Palisades Montessori, located in the beautiful Palisades neighborhood of Washington, DC, is seeking a Montessori Primary Guide to lead its authentic, beautiful Montessori classroom. The school, with its glass-walled, sunlit classroom, began its Montessori history in the 1980s and expanded in 2019 to include an Infant-Toddler Center (located three blocks away). This neighborhood Montessori program draws many students who walk to the school, as well as families from nearby Georgetown and Tenleytown/American University areas of DC. It is also walking distance to the Palisades Community Park, providing the children with an additional outdoor play area to the school’s own large playground. Our staff often enjoys, for their personal recreational use, the proximity of the Potomac River and its biking/hiking pathways into DC. Public transportation is available for daily commuting needs as well as for visiting many of Washington D.C.’s museums, restaurants and tourist attractions.
Candidates for the position should have a true enjoyment for outdoor activities and know how to integrate nature into the life of the classroom. Additionally, Palisades Montessori expects applicants to:
• Hold both college and AMI or AMS diplomas
• Annually pursue required professional development and health courses as required by DC licensing
• Have the ability to offer a positive spirit to the growth and wellness of the school and its community; have a strong work ethic; and demonstrate an ability to work as a team
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. The school also offers employer-sponsored health care.
Other details about the position include:
• The job is for an academic school year (late August through mid-June annually), with traditional holiday breaks
• Work hours are 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM, Monday-Friday
• Includes participation in at least three school Open Houses and two Parent Education Evenings during the year, as well as leadership of fall and spring parent-teacher conferences
• Includes completion of an end-of-year progress report for each student
• Other tasks and responsibilities will be outlined during an interview
To apply, please submit your well-edited cover letter and resume by email to Heather Gustafson, Owner, using her email address: email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in Palisades Montessori!