Hershey Montessori School’s gracious, collaborative staff invite you to join the Primary Classroom/Children’s House team for a full-time lead teaching position in our Concord Campus located in a beautiful suburb not far from Cleveland. The Guides and Assistants in Children’s House have a broad range of experience and longevity and meet weekly to support each other in a culture that ensures every voice is heard and that community decision-making is done by consent. We seek a Montessori Guide who is open, curious, and enthusiastic to learn from each child and who values supporting the vital role of the parent. Hershey Montessori School offers a comprehensive benefits package, opportunities for professional development, salary commensurate with experience, generous tuition remission when relevant, and an extraordinary work environment. Sponsorship of Montessori training for the right candidate is offered. While the position is open for the 24-25 school year (starting August 2024), we prefer start at the end of the 2023 school year for a shadowing period.
• The duties of this position encompass all responsibilities in the Montessori training of a Primary Guide
• The candidate will work as a Lead Teacher, with two Assistants, in a classroom of children from 3 to 6 years of age
• AMI Primary Diploma, Sponsorship of training offered
• Ability to form relationships with parents and to support parents in monthly after-school meetings, community events, as well as presenting to parents in workshop formats.
• Experience working collaboratively with assistants and openness to training new assistants
• Able to travel with the children through uneven terrain in the woods and diverse outdoor environments in every season and to model grace of movement in indoor environments
• Strong spoken and written communication skills
Successful Candidates will align with our school’s mission and values and have an active curiosity to learn.
Who We Are
In its 45th year of operation, Hershey Montessori is an internationally recognized day and boarding independent school located in Northeast Ohio. Our campus in Concord, Ohio educates children from infancy to 12 years of age. The adolescent campus in Huntsburg, Ohio serves grades 7-12 and has a working farm with barns and a greenhouse, residential housing, indoor and outdoor learning environments, and classroom buildings on 97 acres of predominantly wooded land. Compassion, diplomacy, and collaboration skills are developed through experiencing human interdependence at all ages. Relationships with animals, plants and the planet are also emphasized, as the importance of sustainability is personally experienced. Students come from all over the world to engage in Hershey Montessori’s unique school. We welcome culturally knowledgeable candidates who desire to be a part of a community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and who are mindful of equity and social justice.
Please visit our website (www.hershey-montessori.org) to learn more about our school.
Interested? Please send a resume, references, and a cover letter to HR@hershey-montessori.org sharing with us why you are interested in and qualified for this position. Hershey Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.