How would you like to join the ONLY school in Virginia recognized by AMI at all THREE levels – A to I, Primary AND Elementary! Well, you are in luck, because we are HIRING!!
The Del Ray Montessori School (DRMS), located just outside of Washington DC, is seeking exceptional candidates with an AMI diploma at the Primary and Elementary levels for the upcoming school year. We are seeking enthusiastic, collaborative applicants who are excited to lead well-established primary and elementary classrooms and who are serious about Montessori education, but light-hearted and fun-loving in their approach!
DRMS is a thriving, delightful community Montessori school located in the quaint Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia, where building community, supporting families and children, and continued professional growth is not only highly valued – but strongly encouraged and supported.
DRMS houses one toddler classroom, three primary classrooms, and one elementary classroom (6-10). We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, including: health care, retirement, short and long term disability, life insurance, and several professional development opportunities sponsored by the school throughout the year, including events offered through: WMI (Washington Montessori Institute) and the annual AMI Refresher Course.
Successful candidates will:
• Possess an AMI diploma at the Primary or Elementary level;
• Strive to be a life-long learner and participate in ongoing professional development;
• Desire to work in a community guided by respect for children, families and staff;
• Embody the values of the Montessori philosophy at all times; and
• Display a strong teamwork ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues and parents, and possess a steadfast sense of professionalism.
Resumes and letters of interest should be sent to:
Sarah Fondriest, Head of School