Montessori Children’s House in Portland OR is seeking an A to I (Toddler) trained Guide to take over an established classroom of 10 students, with two wonderful classroom assistants.
Please visit our website (mch-pdx.org) for more information about our school.
Hours for this position are 7:30-3:30, M-F.
Our preference is to fill this position ASAP, though we do have some flexibility with the start-date, if needed.
– Montessori Training Certification from an AMI or AMS accredited Montessori Teacher Education Program (we will consider applicants who are currently in training)
– 3-5 years of teaching experience (please note, those with fewer years of classroom experience may be considered)
– Active enrollment in Oregon’s Central Background Registry,
– Current Infant/Child CPR & First-Aid training,
– Oregon Food Handler’s Certificate,
– Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (RRCAN) training,
– Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety (ICCHS) training,
– Prevention is Better Than Treatment (PBTT) training
– Foundations for Learning (FFL) training
Our ideal candidate will have:
– A commitment to active engagement within our Anti-Bias and Anti-Racist school community
– Compassionate understanding of young children’s tendency towards high emotions and a warm and patient demeanor whilst helping them navigate and acclimate to the school environment
– Versatility and flexibility
– A spirit of collaboration and a strong desire to participate fully within the school community
– Strong leadership skills
– Good organizational and time management skills
– Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
– Love of cleanliness and order
Regionally competitive (starting at 52k; salary will be higher for those with more experience) and is based on experience/education.
– Annual Professional Development Stipend
– Full Medical/Vision Insurance
– Full Dental Insurance
– 50% Staff Tuition Discount
– Annual PTO (sick and personal time off)
– 5 weeks of vacation annually: Winter, Spring, and Summer
– Paid Inclement Weather Days
Interested applicants are invited submit the following documents via email to email@example.com:
– A cover letter describing where you are in your professional journey and why you are interested in this job
– Your resume detailing training and experience
– Three references with names, contact information (email and phone), and how you are connected to them. Please be advised, per ORS 339.374 MCH must contact all successful candidates’ previous schools of employment.