Montessori Trained Infant/Toddler Lead Teacher
Montessori School of Lake Forest
MSLF is an authentic Montessori school seeking a Montessori trained Infant-Toddler Teacher, to lead a classroom of children ages 6 weeks to 3 years starting in August 2023.
The ideal candidate is AMI or AMS certified and will lead an Infant-Toddler classroom, partnering with 2 classroom assistants, and using the Montessori Method, will work with each child to meet their developmental needs. The ideal candidate will also be reliable, and possess a patient, positive and respectful manner toward children in their care.
Key Candidate Skills and Attributes:
– Ability to maintain confidentiality and supportive respect for colleagues, children and families (required)
– Alignment with school’s mission and values
– Passion for the Montessori pedagogy and working with young children
– Exhibit patience, organization, and leadership in the classroom
– Ability to coach/mentor classroom assistants
– Receptive to input, feedback, and ideas
– Work collaboratively and cooperatively with their teammates
– Willing and able to creatively and proactively solve problems
– Commitment to continuous professional development and growth
– Bachelor’s degree
– AMS or AMI certified at the Toddler level (0-3)
– Experience working in a Montessori classroom
– Meet the DCFS requirements for a teacher
– Good communication skills and strong work ethic
– Investment in continuous learning and development
– Ability to collaborate, multi-task and learn through observation and modeling
We are a strong school community, dedicated to Montessori principles, committed to inspiring independence, self-confidence, respect and academic excellence.
– Full-time position available for start of the 2023-2024 school year
– Competitive salary and benefits package
– Benefit eligible, including health insurance, dental insurance, 403B match after 1 year of employment, discounted tuition
– Position start date August 21, 2023
– Job Type: Full-time
For more information: https://indeedhi.re/4058PLy
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send cover letters and resumes to Hope Allegretti, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).