Montessori Teacher Job Description
We are searching for a reliable, trustworthy, and innovative Montessori Teacher to join our awesome school. If you are passionate about children and have experience in the education field but aren’t yet Montessori certified, we are interested in helping the right candidate get certified!
The Montessori Teacher’s responsibilities include creating lesson plans and curricula focused on developing social, physical, intellectual, and emotional skills, assessing children’s individual needs, and communicating with parents as required. You should be able to create a nurturing, stimulating classroom where every child feels included.
To be successful as a Montessori Teacher, you should be a lifelong learner who inspires a love for learning in your students. Outstanding candidates are able to accept failure, learn from their mistakes, and embrace creativity and independence.
Montessori Teacher Responsibilities:
* Observing, guiding, supervising, and assessing children while they learn in the classroom environment.
* Developing lesson plans, independent learning exercises, curricula, and methods that cater to the needs of the individual child.
* Creating and maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating classroom where all children feel safe and valued.
* Establishing rapport and building relationships with students based on trust.
* Setting an excellent example for students and instilling good values in them like honesty, accountability, understanding, tolerance, respect, love, and kindness.
* Monitoring and assessing student progress and writing up reports.
* Ensuring classroom supplies and equipment are available and in working condition.
* Updating records on the school database and handling various other administrative tasks.
* Participating in school activities and accompanying students on field trips.
Montessori Teacher Requirements:
* Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Teaching, Education, or a related discipline is recommended.
* Completed training at an accredited Montessori Center. * For the right candidate, we are open to helping you get certified.
* Additional courses or training in Education would be advantageous.
* Passionate about alternative education.
* An ability to teach groups of children of varying ages, needs, and abilities.
* Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
* The ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure, and treat everyone with love and respect.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* A lifelong learner who can be a good role model for children.
If you are excited about applying for our position, please complete our online application. We look forward to getting to know you better! https://actonlascruces.com/career/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year (Or more depending on experience)