McMinnville Montessori School is seeking an AMI certified Head of School to start for the 2020-2021 school year. We are located just south of Portland in McMinnville, a thriving community in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley Wine region. Founded in 1983, our school serves children ages 3 through 12 with one elementary and two primary classrooms. Our mission is to cultivate curiosity, independence, social responsibility, and a lifelong love of learning.
We have a strong core staff that includes AMI credentialed Lead Guides. We are seeking a compassionate and highly-skilled leader with a strong pedagogical foundation, who can uphold our mission and core values, and help nurture our student, staff, and parent community.
Responsibilities: As the new Head of School, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operations and administration of the school, including but not limited to:
• Financial management and capital development in the context of a not-for-profit organization, driving towards long-term sustainability of the school
• Staff recruitment, development, support, and pedagogical leadership
• Management of student/family recruitment, enrollment, and on boarding process
• Inspiring and promoting a mission-driven culture within the student, staff, and parent communities, dedicated to the education of the whole child within purposeful, respectful environments based upon the insights and inspiration of Dr. Maria Montessori
• Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors and liaise with the Board to make strategic recommendations and execute on strategic decisions for long-range planning
• Perform community outreach and engage in community relations activities, both within the Montessori and local communities
• AMI Diploma in either primary or elementary
• 3 years of classroom experience preferable in a Montessori classroom or K-3
• Management experience with proven ability to organize and direct educational programs and activities
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and are willing to consider relocation assistance for the right candidate. Please send your resume and letter of interest to Shazia Abdulla at email@example.com
For more information about McMinnville Montessori, please visit our website www.mcminnvillemontessori.com