If your goal in life is to make the world a better place through education, then this is your chance to join one of the world’s most innovative education organizations in the world in Dover, NH as an elementary school guide.
Is inspiring young heroes your calling? We are looking for aspiring individuals who like to take on a Hero’s Journey to serve Acton Academy’s mission by being part of a growing Acton Academy Seacoast team.
This is a position for an independent learner who can work with little direct guidance; someone who likes to collaborate, experiment, evaluate and continually improve; someone who has a deep respect for all children, believing that each human has genius within, and someone who is a flexible problem-solver. Creative customization of plans and the ability to “gamify” learning is essential for success in this position. This is perfect for the person can learn fast, loves to work hard, and is an active reader and writer.
Our school integrates a weekly outdoor education into the experience of learners. The core academics are mostly supported through adaptive software allowing each learner to move at their own pace. We are looking for a guide who can support abstract learning online with the more concrete learning afforded through Montessori Works. We will be introducing a language immersion program to all studios in 2021/2022. Fluency in Spanish would be a huge plus for this position.
The elementary school guide will work in collaboration with the team to:
1) Affirm students, holding them accountable to their promises and to delivering “the best work they can do” as they discover and pursue a calling on a hero’s journey.
2) Create meaningful exhibitions, ceremonies, and celebrations that reinforce the rules of engagement and personal and group covenants to provide and strengthen a safe learning community.
3) Use creativity to customize and gamify project templates to maximize engagement.
4) Act as a role model as an independent learner on a hero’s journey.
5) Launch and lead Socratic discussions.
6) Co-create and launch quests (projects), including daily challenges and curating world-class examples.
7) Supply a positive studio environment and set up the studio as an inspiration for learning.
8) Encourage young heroes to track their progress and create portfolios to show parents, peers, and employers (apprenticeship) what they can do.
9) Uphold promises to students, parents, and fellow guides made in relational covenants
10) Pass along each of these responsibilities to students as quickly as possible, so as to allow students to lead themselves.
Acton Academy Seacoast is located in Dover, NH, and is a part of the Acton Academy Network of schools, with over 200 locations around the world.
· Teaching, coaching, counseling, or working with elementary aged children
· Montessori training, ages 6-12
· Fluent Spanish speaker
· Experience or high comfort level in a student-led environment
Pay and Benefits:Pay & benefits commensurable to performance and experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Sarah Cheek (email@example.com)