We are seeking an AMI or MACTE certified and experienced Lead Guide(s) at the Upper and Lower Elementary level to join our dynamic and expanding staff for SY 2020-2021. If you possess a sincere commitment to building and directing a quality Montessori environment, offering support and guidance to parents, and collaborating with experienced colleagues, please consider joining the Shining Stars Montessori school community. The right candidate should possess maturity, dedication, high integrity, good judgment, the ability to self-reflect as a member of the teaching staff, and the courage to grow as a teacher leader. We seek individuals with a clear understanding of Montessori ideals, deep knowledge of the development of children, classroom management and communication skills that nurture self-discipline, order, and confidence in young students. We can offer you a rewarding experience in a growing and diverse Montessori school in the nation’s capital.
Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS is Middle States Association/Council on Elementary and Secondary School accredited. This is a full-time and benefited position. Hours are typically Monday – Friday from 7:45am -4:30pm, with some weekend and evening activities
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Elementary Education, or a related discipline is required; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
– AMI certification/Diploma in Elementary Education from a MACTE recognized or affiliate – Teacher Education Program required.
– Advanced degrees, or multiple credentials (e.g., Special Education, Reading, ESOL, Music, Art, etc.)
Praxis II certification and passing scores preferred
– Understanding of Montessori Learning standards and alignment to Common Core Standards
– Prior experience in a Montessori) classroom environment preferred.
– Prior experience working in a diverse student and adult community
– Spanish, Amharic, or French language fluency is a plus
– Must be eligible to work in the United States
– A love of children and a sense of humor