The Founding Teacher will be responsible for facilitating Pre-K students’ emotional and intellectual development within a nurturing classroom environment. They will be intimately familiar with the Montessori approach, and demonstrate the ability to leverage a progressive philosophy in relationships with students and families.
– Create lesson plans and curricula centered around students’ developing social, intellectual, and emotional skills
– Promote student independence, intellectual curiosity and intrinsic motivation
– Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe and caring environment
– Monitor and assess progress to identify individual student needs
– Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards
– Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences
– Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
– CLASS certification
– Two years of teaching experience in Pre-K is preferred
– Experience teaching in a Montessori school, preferably in an urban setting
– Patience and excellent observational, communication, and diagnostic skills.
– A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
– Unshakeable conviction that all students can learn at a high level
Please submit an application through the careers section of our website.