Farm Based Montessori Guide
Pacific Crest School is looking for an AMI Elementary and Adolescent trained Guide to join the dedicated faculty of our 27-year-old Montessori Adolescent Program. This full time salaried position will be based on our 19 acre farm and can begin as early as May of 2022. Compensation can include onsite housing.
We are looking for a Montessori guide with a passion for land-based education to drive the student experience at our farm, while our veteran farm manager directs the sustainable farming practices. The guide will support student understanding of nature, the sciences and culture through contributing to the care of the land, animals and school community. Our program would benefit from someone with experience as a naturalist and any of the following areas: environmental science, organic farming, physics, chemistry, biology, homesteading, beekeeping, outdoor school leadership, wool fiber arts, carpentry or building.
What your job will entail:
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position, year round position, with duties that will fall into two related categories: about 30% care of the farm & facilities, and 70% preparation of lessons, activities and student environments at the farm. The guide’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Farm manager and farm workers to keep the farm in good order, this will include gardening and work with farm machinery, including mowing.
- Prepare and maintain the Montessori student environments at the farm (they typically visit in groups of 8 – 11), including refining the work area layouts, acquiring and maintaining supplies, materials, and ensuring that their facilities are clean and well maintained.
- In close collaboration with our experienced faculty, implement, refine and add to the curriculum, occupations, and farm opportunities in a way that is consistent with Montessori theory, as promulgated by AMI and NAMTA.
- For more in-depth information about this position please see this position listed under “Jobs” at https://www.pacificcrest.org/jobs/summary
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a love of gardening and work in the outdoors.
- Have Montessori Adolescent training and 4+ years teaching experience, preferably at the Upper Elementary or Adolescent level
- For more information, visit: https://www.pacificcrest.org/jobs/summary
To apply, please send your resume/cv and a letter of interest to email@example.com, and please use the term adolescent level guide application in the subject line.
Pacific Crest School (PCS) is an equal opportunity organization committed to diversity and equity. As such, PCS believes that each individual is entitled to equal opportunity without regard to sex, color, race, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state anti-discrimination laws. PCS’s equal employment opportunity practices extend to recruitment, hiring, selection, compensation, benefits, transfer, promotion, training, discipline and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.