The Alliance for Equity in Montessori Education (AEME) in the Portland, Oregon Metropolitan Area is seeking a dynamic Executive Director to help us take our work to the next level.
AEME is a nonprofit organization that works to provide high-fidelity, high-quality Montessori early childhood programs for children in communities facing barriers to equity. The goal is to increase access to Montessori education, which can effectively mitigate impact of poverty, trauma, and displacement to help level the playing field for all children and their families. Effectively working with our many partners, AEME’s pilot project, Alder Montessori, is a no-cost primary program embedded within a neighborhood public school in the Reynolds School District. The program now serves 40 children ages 3 through 6 years, and has been changing the lives of children and families since 2015. The goal is to further develop the program, as well as replicate its success in other schools and/or school districts.
Our new Executive Director will work with a dedicated board and committed, talented staff. The successful candidate will be an individual who:
• has a deep passion for educational equity, and for increasing diversity and inclusion in educational settings;
• has proven success in nonprofit and/or business management, including capacity building, operations oversight, PR/marketing and program development oversight;
• has proven success in public and private fundraising with government agencies, individuals and foundations;
• has experience with educational organizations, preferably having Montessori training or significant involvement with and passion for the benefits of Montessori education;
• has experience with outreach and advocacy with legislators, government agencies, and education industry partners and influencers;
• has obtained at least Masters level education in Business, Nonprofit Management, Education, Communications, or related field;
• has proven ability to collaborate effectively with a range of individuals and organizations, including ability to work and communicate effectively with people of all walks of life, regardless of race, nationality, culture, religion, gender, age, socio-economic status, ability, or other group or individual differences or barriers.
Posting open February 3, 2020 through March 31, 2020
Hiring by April 30, 2020
Start date May – June, 2020
Salary $70,000 to $90,000 DOE