MCM is restructuring its leadership as the current Executive Director, Molly O’Shaughnessy, transitions from the role (while retaining her position as Director of Pedagogy/Director of Training). Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for leading the organization in a manner consistent with its mission, vision and values, and doing so in a fiscally responsible and ethically sound manner. The new Executive Director will guard the legacy of MCM, ensuring the sustainability of the organization in alignment with the recognized AMI principles and standards.
This person will work to foster meaningful relationships with MCM’s partners, donors and community groups and serve as a community ambassador promoting MCM’s mission. This person will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication, organizational skills, and influence.
As a leader at MCM, this person is expected to demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
Dynamic, Inspirational Communication Skills
Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
The ideal candidate possesses skills and experiences that include the following:
1. BA degree, advanced degree preferred. Willingness to enroll in Montessori training as an aid to the Executive Director function.
2. 10+ years of senior management experience, with a minimum of 5 years in the nonprofit sector.
3. Demonstrated commitment to and lived experience around issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
4. Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy and passion regarding children and education.
5. Demonstrated success in establishing relationships with individuals and organization of influence including community partners, funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
6. Solid program management and organizational abilities, including planning, delegating and task facilitation.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills, with an emphasis on listening to understand.
8. Impactful and influential public speaker, comfortable serving as an organizational spokesperson.
9. High impact and low ego orientation with strong commitment to team and mission. Roll up sleeves attitude and willing and able to engage and take on relevant work at all levels of the organization.
10. Proven leadership and relevant relationship management experience.
11. Ability to effectively engage a wide range of cross-cultural stakeholders.
12. Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
13. Clear demonstration of honesty and integrity, and the highest ethical standards are assumed.
For the full position description, or to submit your resume for consideration, please contact:
Libby Utter firstname.lastname@example.org