Administrator/Head of School,
Little Flower Montessori School
Little Flower Montessori School
Little Flower Montessori School, located in sunny, South Florida seeks an experienced educational leader who is committed to the Montessori philosophy of education to serve as their Executive Director. Established in 1976, the school serves approximately 75 children from the ages of 18 months thru 12 years of age in a warm and friendly community dedicated to the authentic application of AMI principles. The new Executive Director will build on LFMS’s strong reputation, dedicated and experienced teaching staff to further expand and diversify their student body. The ideal candidate will have educational leadership experience, business acumen and strong financial management skills; s/he will be an emotionally-attuned, collaborative and visionary leader who can lead LFMS through an ever-changing educational landscape and steward the organization through the ongoing challenges of Covid-19.
The Leadership Opportunity
The next LFMS Executive Director will join a team of committed educators and professionals with a long-term commitment to providing outstanding Montessori education to our children and families. LFMS has an excellent reputation for providing ‘Excellence in Montessori Education” since 1976. This is an opportunity to lead LFMS into the next stage of development. The new Executive Director will have the support of seasoned and supportive owners and administrators of the leadership team.
• Demonstrated commitment to the Montessori philosophy of education and a passion for children and making Montessori education a dynamic and positive force in the lives of children, parents, staff and community. For candidates without Montessori experience, a willingness to learn and embrace this philosophy of education is essential
• A good listener with strong emotional intelligence and relationship skills who is approachable, engages people and possesses a spirit of warmth, humility and patience
• An inclusive approach that values diverse life experiences and heritages, and ensures that all voices are heard
• A transformational leader who holds a vision and communicates strategic direction while able to identify and respond creatively to growth opportunities and community circumstances
Skills and Experiences
• Leadership experience in a comparable educational setting (running a small school)
• Demonstrated organizational management experience – coaching, managing and developing teams with achieving strategic objectives
• Strong financial management skills; demonstrated experience in monitoring budgets and cash flow will aligning and maximizing resources
• Demonstrated history of building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff and board/owners as well as parents, students and community.
• Understanding of and fundamental knowledge of Montessori philosophy
In addition to a competitive salary, LFMS offers excellent fully paid health care, tuition, training and PTO benefits in a sunny climate. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Communications will be treated in confidence. The position will begin in May/June 2022 to align with the ending of our 2021/22 school year.