Southwest Institute of Montessori Studies (SIMS) is seeking an assistant to provide support to our Elementary trainer. Assistant must be AMI Elementary Trained with experience in a Montessori classroom.
Ideal candidate is organized with excellent oral and communication skills. Will help with general logistic of our AMI 6-12 Courses. Will work closely with Elementary Trainer.
- Setting up lecture room. Prepare materials and experiments for presentations. Assist with material making
- Support with supervised practice and practice teaching
- Assist with record keeping of: lectures, students records, materials, attendance, work submissions, schedule observation, practice teaching, organizing exams and graduation
- General correspondence and communication such as: Preparing course work summaries for students, filling forms for AMI (beginning of the course and end of the course)
- Supporting video recording of presentations, editing, uploading, etc. Managing electronic materials, taking photos of materials for online course
Skills and Qualifications
- AMI Elementary trained
- Experience in classroom and classroom management
- Oral and written communication skills in English
- Computer savvy (Word, Excel, Drive, iMovie, PowerPoint, Populi, Panopto)
- Filming background is a plus (setting up cameras, lighting, editing, etc.)
- Very organized
Contact: Sherri Sampson firstname.lastname@example.org