Gateway Montessori School is seeking a Lead Guide for a small, established 6-12 elementary classroom beginning in August 2023 through December 2023. This position is a temporary position to cover family leave, and the current AMI teacher will work closely with you as needed to help assist in starting the school year. Start and end dates/times may be flexible.
Our ideal candidate:
– Holds an AMI Elementary diploma, with teaching experience
(AMS diploma and/or less experience and current trainees will be considered)
– Exercises good organizational and time management skills with an excellent work ethic
– Has a desire to nurture the potential of the child, and a gentle, warm personality
– Values collaboration with peers, and families, and has a desire to participate in our school community
– Has a strong desire to follow and promote the Montessori pedagogy
Gateway Montessori is a small family-centered AMI recognized school serving children 15 months through age 12. We are located in a purpose-built beautiful building on Chicago’s Northwest side in the Old Irving Park neighborhood, close to transportation, shops and parks. Our school year starts in September. We follow all public school holiday schedules including winter and spring break, and our work day is M-F 8-4. We offer paid holidays, sick days, and professional development days, tuition remission for children, salary commensurate with experience, and a chance to be part of a small team who support each other to help our community thrive.
Applicants must pass a background check and be authorized to work in the United States.