Harpeth Montessori is an authentic new Montessori school seeking an experienced Lower Elementary Lead Teacher starting January 2022. This is a full-time position working with children ages 6-9 years old in a classroom of 12-24 students. The candidate must be aligned with our organizational mission and values. We desire an individual who embraces the Montessori philosophy and exhibits a deep respect for children and a true love of learning. Candidates must be 21 years of age or older, possess an undergraduate degree, and have teaching experience. Candidates must have a Montessori certification.
School Mission: To provide children the tools to live happy and fulfilled lives.
• Teaching Children How to Think, Not What to Think
• Growth Mindset and Love of Learning
• Explore Nature
• Foster Community
• Character Matters
Key Candidate Skills and Attributes:
• Alignment with mission and values (see above).
• Humble- Share credit, emphasize team, and define success based on team’s overall mission.
• Growth mindset. Always looking to do more and learn more. Self-motivated.
• Common sense. Tend to know what is happening in a group situation and how to deal with others in the most effective way. Good judgement around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of words and actions.
• Passion for early childhood education and the Montessori pedagogy.
• AMS or AMI certified at the Elementary level (Lower and/or Upper)
• At least 2 years of experience working in a Montessori classroom
• Compensation will be competitive and based on experience
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, & Paid Sick Days
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com