Montessori International Children’s House, an independent school in Annapolis, Maryland, seeks an Educational Director to assure the continued integrity and quality of its AMI Montessori educational program. The school was founded in 1985, and serves children ages 18 months–12 years. The Educational Director works closely with the Head of School. Our cohesive team of seasoned directresses, assistants, and support staff brings a wealth of knowledge to their positions. The average teaching experience among our directresses is 16 years. This position may be eligible for full or part time.
• Master’s degree in Education
• At least one AMI diploma: A to I, Primary, and/or Elementary
• Minimum ten years teaching experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience in school administration and organizational development
• Successful passage of a criminal background check as required by the Maryland Office of Child Care.
• Curriculum Coordination
• Parent Education
• Parent Relations
• Faculty Development
• Expert in the Montessori educational philosophy
• Ability to articulate the Montessori educational philosophy clearly and to a wide audience
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Good organizational and managerial skills
• Well disciplined
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to articulate current educational trends and interpret effect to MICH system
Interested parties should send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address below.
Montessori International Children’s House•Attn: Search Committee
1641 North Winchester Road•Annapolis, Maryland•21409