The Springs, A Montessori School, in Springfield, VA, is looking for a Lead Early Childhood (3-6) Teacher. The Springs is an accredited school located in Northern, VA just outside the nation’s capital. The position is for the 2021-2022 school year and will start on August 16, 2021.
The Springs is looking for a creative, motivated, and dedicated individual who has a passion for working with young children and the Montessori philosophy. The successful candidate will be responsible for a mixed-age classroom comprised of 24-26 three to six year olds. Responsibilities include but are not limited to giving Montessori lessons, observations, daily record keeping, communicating with parents across various mediums, parent education, training and managing assistant faculty, and most importantly providing care and support to all children. Hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm with occasional evening meetings and at least two weekend events a year. The Springs is a growing school with great opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
– AMI or other MACTE Certified Early Childhood Montessori Credential
– Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– A commitment to our mission values of peace, independence, love of learning, and respect
– Flexibility and commitment to working in a team atmosphere
– Comfortable with electronic record keeping
– Willingness to work during Summer Camp (preferred)
-Salary: $42,000-$54,000 depending on experience and level of education
-4 weeks paid vacation*
-10 personal days*
-401k (w/employer) matching
-Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability
-Tuition Assistance for Continuing Education
-Professional Development Opportunities
-Paid Planning Time
* Details reflect 12-month employees and differ slightly for 10-month employees.
To apply, please send us your resume, cover letter, and references to:
The Springs, A Montessori School
Attn: Daniel Clifford, Head of School
7719-D Fullerton Road
Springfield, Virginia 22153
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org