Who we are:
Cedars Montessori School, serving 180 students from age 3-12, is located on 16 acres in Southwest Austin where children benefit from the well-appointed classrooms in a countryside setting. The opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and learning extend to the gardens, farm animals, bee keeping, low ropes course and camping program.
The teaching staff, all AMI or AMS certified, work in collaboration to create rich, land-based experiences including on-site, and off-site camping adventures.
We are looking for a Director who will support our school with:
- Support the Cedars School vision and help to implement the Montessori Philosophy
- A passion for the outdoors
- A collaborative spirit with staff, children and parents
- An ability to resolve conflicts
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- An ability to encourage and provide opportunities for team building, staff collaboration and development through workshops and continuing education
The Key Responsibilities:
- Creating a positive, welcoming campus atmosphere
- Participating in faculty hiring, evaluation and the professional development process
- Overseeing management of enrollment needs and general campus operations
- Facilitating the education of Cedars’ families and perspective families to the school’s philosophy and mission
- Establishing and overseeing programs for early arrival and after- school, as well as school holidays and summer camps.
- Ensure Up to Date with Core and National Standards and integration of standard and Montessori teaching
- Maintain Cedars Operational plan and Parent Handbook
- BA or higher
- State of Texas director’s certificate (can be attained during employment)
- Must be ready August 1st, for the 2022-23 school year
- 3 + years of school leadership and supervisory experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- Medical health benefit
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Personal days and school Holidays Off
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply:
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in working at Cedars Montessori School
- A current résumé
- A list of 4 professional references with name, phone number, and email address for each. (References will not be contacted without first notifying the applicant)
Cedars is an equal opportunity employer. Contact Jillyoung@cedarsmontessori.com to apply.