Have you ever wanted to start your own school/program but found it too daunting? Are you interested in serving a smaller group of children in a more intimate setting?
We are an in-home Montessori program aiming to leverage technology to connect all families to high quality, affordable Montessori education. We provide guides with control, flexibility and ownership over your classrooms and lower barriers to excellent in-home programming. This is an opportunity to have a global impact through technology, partner intimately with parents to prepare all environments of the child, and design an innovative paradigm for education. Our model ensures that all guides and children can thrive in a post-pandemic world.
- extensive experience implementing the day-to-day activities of a Montessori classroom
- leadership experience working with other guides or staff (ex. head of school)
- experience setting up a new program
- transparency about your areas of improvement, eagerness to improve and receive feedback
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- diligence/great work ethic
- generosity of spirit – kindness, gratitude
- excitement about a long-term partnership
- AMI diploma
- commitment to evidence-based practices
- Flexible schedule (20-40 hours/week)
- Relocation support**
- Professional development
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Complimentary refreshments
- a beautiful family home in a quiet, safe suburb near the LA Arboretum and some of the best hiking trails in the county.
- Pasadena (15-minute drive) – major cultural hub for entertainment and nightlife.
- Great, diverse food (5-minutes).
A car is recommended but not essential. A vehicle for school use is available. It may be leased for personal use. We could also assist in providing affordable housing during your transition.
Start date: ASAP (remotely if necessary)
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and 2 references.