AMI ASSISTANTS TO INFANCY GUIDE
Toddler Environment 18 months to 3 years
Clanmore Montessori School is a well-established school located near Toronto in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Housed in a beautifully restored historic farmhouse with custom designed additions, Clanmore offers authentic Montessori programming from toddler through to the adolescent level in a cooperative work environment. Opportunities for personal and professional growth are supported through professional development and collaboration with our team of 35 educators and administrative team members.
We are looking for a person who possesses leadership qualities and can work effectively in a team-teaching setting. The ideal candidate will have a talent for guiding children in self-motivated learning and supporting the natural desire to learn, while providing support and guidance to the parent community.
Qualifications / Requirements
• AMI Assistants to Infancy Diploma is essential
• AMI Primary Casa training an asset but not a necessity
• ECE Diploma (or in progress) an asset but not a necessity
• Effective communication skills and strong organizational and administrative skills are essential, including parent education, record keeping and reporting to parents
• Knowledge, interest and a passion for the delivery of authentic Montessori programming as it applies to children ages 18 to 36 months
• A current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check
• Valid Standard First Aid certificate from a WSIB recognized provider
Duties & Responsibilities
• Able to lead a team of three toddler teachers in a community of 15 children
• Deliver engaging education experiences to the parent community that foster home and school partnership
• Participate in all Curriculum Evenings and Parent/Teacher Interviews
• Maintain record-keeping and planning systems
• Able to lead regular team meetings
• Assure adherence to the regulations of the CCEYA
• Liaise with the Casa community for alignment of programming
Start Date: Flexible
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team of educators, please send a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com ATTN: Angela Gidman-Patient
If you are contacted for an interview and require accessibility accommodations, please let us know in advance.