AMI Primary Guides – Read THIS!
The Del Ray Montessori School
How would you like to join a fabulous school community in Northern Virginia recognized by AMI at all three levels – A to I, Primary AND Elementary! Well, you are in luck, because we are HIRING!!
The Del Ray Montessori School (DRMS), located just outside of Washington DC, is seeking exceptional candidates with an AMI diploma at the Primary level for an available “in-person” teaching position for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year beginning in mid-August. DRMS is a thriving, delightful school community Montessori school located in the quaint Del Ray neighborhood of Alexandria, Virginia, where building community, supporting families and children, and continued professional growth is not only highly valued – but strongly encouraged and supported, as well. We are seeking enthusiastic, collaborative applicants who are serious about Montessori education, but light-hearted and fun-loving in their approach!
The Del Ray Montessori School is an independent, non-profit, AMI recognized school committed to AMI practices and principles. The school is currently in its tenth year and houses one toddler classroom, two primary classrooms, and one elementary classroom (6-12). We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits (health care, retirement, short and long-term disability, life insurance), and several professional development opportunities sponsored by the school throughout the year.
Successful candidates will:
• Possess an AMI diploma at the Primary level;
• Strive to be a life-long learner and participate in ongoing professional development;
• Desire to work in a community guided by respect for children, families, and staff;
• Embody the values of the Montessori philosophy at all times; and
• Display a strong team-work ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues and parents, and possess a steadfast sense of professionalism.
Resumes and letters of interest should be sent to:
Sarah Fondriest, Head of School