Journey Montessori School
Journey Montessori School is looking for an active and energetic Adolescent Guide to work in our Middle School Program with children ages 12-14. Guides are responsible for creating and maintaining a developmentally appropriate environment for the adolescent; planning, observing, record-keeping, designing lessons and opportunities for the adolescent all in line with the Plan of Study and Work.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in a related area plus at least one of the following:
• AMI 12-18 Diploma
• AMI Adolescent Orientation Certificate plus strong interest in obtaining full diploma
• AMI, AMS or other Elementary diploma plus experience working with elementary and/or adolescent students, along with interest in obtaining the AMI 12-18 Diploma.
Ideal applicant must demonstrate:
• strong leadership skills and a willingness to take on the tasks of working in a small school and developing programs as part of our team
• an active lifestyle: ability to carry a 50lb backpack and participate in extended trips into the backcountry
• a passion for working with the Third Plane Child
• strong spoken and written communication skills and a willingness to be a team player
• creative problem-solving skills, dependability, and flexibility
Interested applicants should email their CV and cover letter to email@example.com