Gateway Montessori School is seeking a Lead Guide for a small, established A to I classroom beginning in August 2022 (earlier start possible).
Our ideal candidate:
– Holds an AMI Assistants to Infancy (0-3) diploma and 1-3 years teaching experience (non-AMI diploma and/or less experience and current trainees will be considered)
– Exercises good organizational and time management skills with an excellent work ethic
– Has a desire to nurture the potential of the child, and a gentle, warm personality
– Values collaboration with peers, and families, and has a desire to participate in our school community
– Has a strong desire to follow and promote the Montessori pedagogy
Gateway Montessori is a small family-centered AMI recognized school serving children 15 months through age 12. We are located in a beautiful new building on Chicago’s Northwest side in the Old Irving Park neighborhood, close to transportation, shops and parks. Our school founder has over 35 years experience teaching Montessori and is currently the Lead Guide in A to I. She will be stepping out of the classroom to allow more time to be a mentor to our entire community. While someone with experience is ideal, we are in a unique position to offer support and guidance to a new teacher to help grow with our school community.
Our school year starts in September and ends in early June. We follow all public school holiday schedules including winter and spring break, and our work day is M-F 8-4 with an occasional early evening event. We offer paid holidays, tuition remission for children, salary commensurate with experience, and a chance to be part of a small team who support each other to help our community thrive.