Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) educates children from age 3 through 8th grade in two Montessori schools. Our educators honor the dignity of the child, are grounded in the importance of the child’s developmental sensitivities and believe that Montessori education prepares students for academic excellence and promotes social responsibility. Leading with Montessori and aligning Ohio State Standards, our teachers give lessons in peaceful, multi-age Montessori learning environments.
We have immediate openings for Children’s House and Elementary guides. CMSD’s ideal candidate will have a passion for working with a diverse group of students and will be enthusiastic about Montessori in the public sector. Additionally, we are seeking educators who:
- Create rapport with all students.
- Model and teach conflict resolution and problem-solving strategies.
- Nurture children’s potential while helping them become independent learners.
- Work collaboratively and support overall school goals, mission and vision.
- Approach each family with the belief that all parents want the best for their child.
- Reflect on and refine their practice.
Required Qualifications: Along with CMSD’s qualifications (including state teaching license), candidates must have an AMI, AMS, or MACTE Montessori Certificate or commit to attend Montessori training upon hire.
Contact Jacqui Miller, Director, Montessori Programming and Operations: (216) 544-7072, firstname.lastname@example.org