Hershey Montessori School is seeking a dedicated individual to join our community as the Campus Admissions Director for the Concord Campus (birth through 6th-grade program). This individual has oversight of recruiting and enrollment of prospective students along with building relationships with those incoming families from inquiry through the final admissions decisions.
This individual is required to gain a thorough knowledge of the School’s mission, vision, and core values, have outstanding organizational and time management abilities, problem-solving skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, resourcefulness, patience, respect, empathy, efficiency, and creativity. They must also be culturally responsive in working with people from different backgrounds. A regard for confidentiality around sensitive issues and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines is a necessity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate strong relationships with prospective families, other admissions staff, and faculty.
- Recruitment of students including leading tours, coordinating campus visits and open houses,
and facilitating student interviews with faculty.
- Accountability for enrollment inquiries and applications through the final admissions process.
- Planning, executing, and representing Hershey Montessori School at scheduled events, both
school-sponsored enrollment events and community engagement events that support
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Five years’ experience in an admissions-related leadership position.
- Experience with Montessori or other independent schools is highly desirable.
- Strong background in planning events and assessing outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of nuanced school environment situations.
- Excellent cultural competency, willing and able to excel in working with multiple groups of
people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, administration, and parents/guardians.
- Possess high energy, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude.
- Collaborative team member.
- Advanced technology skills including Microsoft Teams, Adobe, Word, and Excel; Hubspot
experience is a plus.
Who We Are:
Hershey Montessori School (HMS) is an internationally recognized day and boarding independent school located in Northeast Ohio. Our campus in Concord, Ohio educates children from infancy to 12 years of age. The adolescent campus in Huntsburg, Ohio serves grades 7-12 and has a working farm with barns and a greenhouse, residential housing, indoor and outdoor learning environments, and classroom buildings on 97 acres of predominantly wooded land. As students interact on the farm and in their local community, they understand how society is organized and learn division of labor. Compassion, diplomacy, and collaboration skills develop through experiencing human interdependence. Relationships with animals, plants and the planet are emphasized, as the importance of sustainability is personally experienced. Our students come from all over the world. HMS has also impacted over 500 schools globally by hosting the AMI Orientation to Adolescent Studies for teachers at its Huntsburg Campus during the summer months. We welcome culturally knowledgeable candidates who desire to be a part of a community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives and are mindful of equity and social justice.
Hershey Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.