Endeavor Montessori Dunwoody- Director of Education (Montessori)
Endeavor Montessori – Dunwoody Atlanta, GA, US
30+ days agoRequisition ID: 2939
APPLYTO ENDEAVOR MONTESSORI DUNWOODY- DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION (MONTESSORI)
Do you believe that if you change the beginning of a child’s life you can change their whole story?
At Endeavor Montessori Dunwoody, we know the power of passionate educators when it comes to unleashing children’s potential. We are a community of educators who seek to grow together in our craft knowledge to ensure that we thrive as professionals and our students thrive as learners and citizens.
As part of the Endeavor Schools family, Endeavor Montessori Dunwoody is seeking a dedicated and experienced Director of Education (Montessori) to facilitate the implementation of the Montessori pedagogy in a safe, healthy, and nurturing classroom environment that supports each child’s social, emotional, and intellectual growth and development.
Montessori Curriculum – Assisting and supporting educators to:
- Be deeply grounded, self-reflect, and act from the Montessori method and pedagogy in all aspects of their work.
- Create inviting, well-designed, and beautiful Montessori classrooms with a full range and use of the Montessori curriculum and materials.
- Develop an individualized based curriculum that draws directly upon Montessori philosophy and is based on each students’ developmental levels.
- Develop effective internal systems for planning, tracking, and reporting.
- Provide parents with a satisfactory quantity and quality of communication.
Supports and mentors educators by:
- Nurturing and mentoring new educators, supporting their success and development.
- Serving as a resource and support to faculty who need advice and guidance, offering feedback and support when necessary.
- Observing frequently in the classrooms; offering evaluations and support towards best Montessori practices.
- Creating and implementing support plans for faculty who struggle in their classroom settings
- Reviewing lesson planning and record keeping.
- Supporting Lead Teachers in building the leadership skills necessary to nurture and support assistants’ development and growth.
- Assisting with parent meetings and student observation, as needed.
- Ensuring all practices are in line with licensing and accreditation.
- Keeping up to date with current research and developmentally appropriate practices.
Demonstrates Leadership by:
- Training and mentoring all Lead Teachers, Assistants, Enrichment providers, Subs, and other staff that will have contact with children.
- Planning and implementing daily programs in accordance with the policies, procedures, and practices of the school.
- Maintaining regular contact with parents, administrative staff, and the School Leader.
- Working with Admin Team on all events, camps, carpool, and any other needed support.
- Ensuring there is sufficient coverage in each classroom and covering in a classroom if needed.
- Ensuring a safe and secure school environment.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- AMI or AMS trained and certified.
- Five or more years of Montessori classroom experience.
- Leadership experience strongly preferred.
Why work with us?
In addition to an engaging and dynamic work environment, we offer competitive benefits such as medical insurance, 401(k), paid time off, education scholarships, child tuition discounts, and more. Endeavor Schools is a growing family of private schools that is united by the belief that families deserve schools that are worthy of their trust. The mission of Endeavor Schools is to empower our schools with the tools, resources and support required to deliver on the promises made to our children and families. Our vision is to create optimal teaching and learning environments that transform the lives of those we serve.
Endeavor Schools is an equal opportunity employer.